In October 1994, Nathaniel Turner received news that left him petrified and ecstatic - he was going to be a father. Turner was inexperienced and unprepared. There was no guidebook on how to be a father. Determined to defy stereotypes and to be a great father, Turner created his own parenting manual.
This book is loaded with practical, insightful and useful tips to help parents.
- Why parents must continuously develop, maintain and improve parenting skills.
- How to seek help for a child without feeling embarrassed or reluctant.
- How every child can be great if parents follow a few simple rules.
- How easy it is to provide children with the opportunity to maximize their intellectual ability, become societal assets and dreamers who move the world forward.
- Why great children don’t happen by accident.
- Which tools to use to help children succeed well beyond national averages and in spite of historical and communal expectations
This book shares the impact of a Father confirming his son in writing letters of affirmation, love and encouragement. Such a powerful legacy to leave to your children. I highly recommend this book and hope those reading it will begin writing letters to their children. "WKTO President
Nathaniel Turner's Raising Supaman is not just a sweet and loving gift to his son, but is also a true gift to all fathers and sons everywhere. I can find no better example of how to teach the fine arts of fatherhood to any man, or manliness to any boy…"Host of The Wells Report
...His writing skills are excellent - clear, concise and easy to read. Raising Supaman is an excellent addition to any dad’s library, and will bring fresh perspective into this role we as fathers have in raising responsible, prepared and successful children."Writer for About.com Fatherhood
”The book is beautifully written and full of sound, heart-felt advice and guidance from father to son."Editor, At Home New Jersey